Our client, a boutique commercial litigation firm is in need of a Litigation Paralegal to assist attorneys and practice group in various types of legal matters and provide assistance in preparing legal documents; research and compile data; prepare drafts of contracts; maintain responsibility for files, calendars and meetings, etc.; service clients as required by attorneys. EOE, AA, M/F/D/V
- Handle complex case management for state and federal court litigations including discovery, research, hearings and trial preparation and attendance.
- Manage paper and electronic discovery process for all phases of discovery and trial preparation, including coordination of electronic and paper discovery, depositions, transcripts and trial support for large-scale document productions and reviews.
- Create, organize and maintain databases, privilege logs and files containing discovery documents, physical evidence, summaries, deposition transcripts etc.
- Research all case documents, materials, rules and court procedure and prior testimony and publications of opposing experts; analyze, summarize and compile timelines and reports regarding findings.
- Obtain all necessary information and materials from vendors, clients and government agencies; conduct legal research, utilizing internet sources, etc.
- Coordinate the preparation and filing of briefs and legal documents; draft routine filings; compile appendices and exhibits; prepare and submit electronic court filings.
- Manage all trial preparation and support activity: manage trial exhibits; prepare trial notebooks; maintain expert binders; work room set up; communicate with experts and fact witnesses etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Paralegal certification preferred.
- 5 to 7+ years experience in related area.
- Ability to efficiently gather, maintain and organize information and voluminous documentation to assess claims and initiate responses by the firm.
- Organizational skills to work independently and meet deadlines in an atmosphere of frequent interruptions.
- Organizational skills to maintain daily accounting of time records and input timesheets into the system directly.
- Communication skills to interact with all levels of internal staff, attorneys and management and external clients of the firm.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills sufficient to make decisions regarding daily work.
- Time management skills to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately.