Our North Houston client is seeking a Payroll Manager to provide support for their Houston office and multiple field locations. The successful candidate will oversee the payroll function and ensure compliance with policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Provide leadership in executing daily activities within the payroll department.
- Manage, train and mentor the payroll processing team.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, state and federal statutory regulation.
- Analyze all payrolls for accuracy; resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information in SAP.
- Review payroll results, coordinate with remote locations, and ensure payroll is balanced after processing.
- Act as a point of contact for employees regarding escalated payroll-related questions, concerns, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate effectively with other departments to ensure a strong line of communication.
- Assist and analyze all ad hoc reporting and accruals.
- Assist with year-end projects and W2 process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ full cycle payroll processing experience, including multi-location, exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Strong SAP payroll system experience and know-how a must. 3+ years preferred.
- 2+ years managing direct reports.
- Experience supporting field employees preferred.
- Knowledge of payroll procedures and legislation; ensure compliance with all SOX controls.
- CPP certification a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask