Our international client is seeking a Training Manager for their organization’s downtown Houston headquarters. The organization offers an innovative culture, takes great pride in their people, and has been ranked one of the top places to work for multiple, consecutive years. The successful candidate will help develop and implement national HR programs, initiatives and strategies aimed at strengthening the organization and meeting business objectives.
- Partner with HR leadership in the development and establishment of HR strategies to ensure alignment with key business goals and overall organizational strategies.
- Deliver HR processes and services with emphasis on performance management, training, development and legal compliance.
- Develop specific training and development programs to address competency, knowledge and talent gaps.
- Proactively consult with business and HR leaders to determine business needs and align HR services to have the greatest impact on the organization.
- Develop and implement career development initiatives and succession planning.
- Act as advisor and provide technical expertise on talent initiatives to staff and senior management.
- Collaborate with business leaders to implement initiatives to raise the professional, managerial and leadership capability of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Organizational Development, Human Resource Management or related discipline.
- 5+ years’ progressive HR management experience in a corporate environment; 3+ years’ experience in a training supervisory level.
- Financial, banking or mortgage industry experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of current best practices in Instructional Design and Adult Learning.
- Working knowledge of organizational development and job evaluation processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate at all levels, including senior management.
- SPHR or PHR certification a plus.
- Ability to lead change.